£86m BOMBSHELL: The FIRST signing is ADVANCING – Fabrizio Romano confirms it, and the numbers are STAGGERING: 10 goals, 7 assists in just 36 games.

According to reports, Arsenal have identified Juventus star Kenan Yildiz as their ‘dream target’ this summer, while another deal is ‘advancing’.

In recent weeks, it has become clear that the Gunners will prioritise strengthening their attack in this summer’s transfer window. Arsenal already possess a stacked squad, but there is certainly room for improvement in the left wing and striker departments, with Yildiz among those linked with a move to the Emirates.

Earlier this month, a report claimed Arsenal have submitted an ‘enquiry’ to Juventus over signing Yildiz, who has been backed to eventually win the Ballon d’Or. The 21-year-old is coming off a breakout campaign for Juventus, having contributed ten goals and seven assists in his 36 appearances for the Serie A giants in the 2025/26 campaign.

Mikel Arteta has reportedly made it clear that he really wants Yildiz this summer. Journalist Sacha Tavolieri claimed the club is ‘ready to spend’ €100 million (£86m) to sign him.

Tavolieri said on X: ‘EXCL – Mikel Arteta considers Kenan Yildiz has a dream target! Nothing advanced yet with World Cup ongoing but Arsenal wants to sign a key player at the left winger position and has a plan for the Turkish. Gunners would be ready to spend around €100M for Yildiz. Christos Tzolis considered as alternative option, as @David_Ornstein called.’

Romano provides key updates on Arsenal’s summer plans

Fabrizio Romano has named four more targets for Arsenal this summer and delivered positive updates on their pursuit of attacking reinforcements.

As mentioned, Christos Tzolis has also emerged as a target for Arsenal, with David Ornstein reporting on Friday that they are ‘exploring a deal’ for the Club Brugge standout. Romano confirmed an initial approach has been made.

 

Romano said on X: ‘Arsenal make initial approach for Christos Tzolis as potential new winger with contacts started on player/club side. He’s among options considered but not only one, Jeremy Monga remains separate deal for future and advancing. Rogers/Barcola & more remain top targets.’

Arsenal are already working on other deals, with reports indicating they are ‘closing in’ on signing Leicester City wonderkid Jeremy Monga and Paris Saint-Germain prospect Emmanuel Mbemba. The Gunners are also expected to sign Piero Hincapie permanently after his successful loan spell from Bayer Leverkusen.

Monga may be their first summer addition. This is because Romano reported on Friday that the Gunners are ‘advancing’ to sign the highly-rated youngster, positioning him as a key part of Arsenal’s long-term vision.

Elsewhere, Arsenal are close to sealing a breathtaking new deal with head coach Mikel Arteta, further signalling stability and ambition as they prepare for the new campaign.

 

With a potential £86m move for a prodigious talent like Yildiz on the radar and concrete progress on Monga, Arsenal’s summer recruitment is shaping up to be both bold and strategic. The numbers Yildiz has produced at such a young age underline why he is viewed as a transformative option on the left flank. Whether the Gunners can turn their dream target into reality remains to be seen, but the early signals suggest a proactive and ambitious window ahead.